fantasy land

the tingling in my body
my palms becoming sweaty
i could feel my pupils enlarging
my chest pounding harder and harder
the beat of the music 
vibrating my feet and my soul
i close my eyes
slowly lifting my head up
into the dark night
i feel myself begin to let go
a smile beginning to spread
from cheek to cheek

these feelings i know
won't be here to stay
the dread of tomorrow
and the feelings drifting away
make me appreciate this moment
so i let my smile spread
across my face, cheek to cheek

a tap on my shoulder
"you're so beautiful
i can see your soul through your eyes"
i feel like my soul is 
pouring out of my eyes
the love i feel for others
is out of this world
euphoria
longing
belonging
loved and
free

these feelings i felt
they came and they went
feelings of emptiness to follow
savoring these moments
became moments of 
why i was living

acceptance
judge free
peace
love 
unity
respect

--Danielle Schriver

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My deceiving best friend

The truth is...

The truth is...