Grace and Mercy


What is evolving in your life?

This year that I’ve been home has gone crazy fast, I really can’t believe it. So much has changed and so much is evolving! I recognize and see things differently. I’m more aware. I’ve learned a lot. I’m excited. I’m hopeful. I’m grateful. 

My relationships are evolving. My job life has evolved. My relationship with the lord is evolving. 
I’m thankful for the community I’ve come back to and how people reach out, how people care. I lived in a city for 6 years and I did not find a community that made me feel cared for. I distanced myself from this community here but when I came back it felt like it didn’t matter how far I drifted. To me, that shows me God’s love. How you can drift far away, but he’s still here. He’s always here to forgive, love and care for us. That’s what we christians are to do too. I’m thankful for this community and the example they’ve been to me. 

I’m thankful for the job I’m at and the people I work with. The support I have had there, I couldn’t ask for better. With my health issues I’ve had, a lot of jobs could have let me go. They’ve been here to wish me well, visit me in the hospital stays, prayed and most importantly given me the time to heal and still have a job to go back to!!

I’m thankful for God’s never ending love and forgiveness. I once looked at myself as someone who couldn’t be forgiven for all the things I’ve done and the pain I’ve caused. I kept making mistakes, feeling like I didn’t know how to stop. I didn’t feel worthy of forgiveness or love from the people who did love me. I was disgusted with myself. I wanted to change but didn’t know how. I’m thankful God has showed me grace and mercy. 
“The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.” Psalm 145:8-9.

Know you too, can have grace and mercy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My deceiving best friend

The truth is...

The truth is...