Mama


Becoming a mama has been the greatest joy (and challenge) I’ve experienced yet. I wasn’t sure if I was meant to become a mom. It wasn't something I really ever longed for. I knew I loved my family and probably desired to have one of my own but couldn’t really grasp the idea of having a baby. I’ve been pretty immature my whole life 😬 so the thought of having a baby just didn’t appeal to me. Well, I’m thankful for God’s provision because boy, would I have missed out on the greatest gift of being a mom. I’m truly grateful God gifted me with my sweet boy, Josiah. He brings so much joy to many peoples lives and he has changed my life and the way I look at life for the better. 

I’ve heard or read about how some moms “lose their self” after having kids. Fortunately for me, it’s been the opposite. When I reflect on my life before Josiah was here, I really struggled with what God specifically wanted for my life. Since having him, I find a lot of purpose and see I’m discovering now more than before on how to live this life and what’s most important. I’m not saying my whole identity is being his mom. I think it just boils down to having a whole different perspective on life, for the better. 

Being a mama for me has meant more smiling and laughing. Do all you moms just stare at your baby and smile, wondering how lucky you are to have this sweet child? I hope so! They’re miracles. It’s miraculous how our bodies create these babies and then all the caring and nurturing it does once they’re here outside our wombs. Women’s bodies are amazing and it’s amazing God created it all! 

Josiah knows his mama. And that makes me feel like I have purpose and important meaning. He knows my voice, he laughs when I laugh, he likes to mimic, he cries when he can’t see me, he wants me to hold him and cuddle him, he kisses me back (well open mouth slobbers), he wants his mama. I know he’ll grow older and probably not desire me as much so I really do savor these moments now. I hope and pray he’ll always want his mama even when he won’t admit it out loud. I hope he always knows I am here for him. 

Being a mama is wonderful for me. Life is much more meaningful, full of learning curves, challenging, rewarding, and filled with love. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. 

I love you, sweet boy. 

-Your Mama <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The truth is...

"I do."